At Five Acres Primary School we value the diversity of backgrounds of all pupils, families and wider school community. We have a broad and balanced curriculum which takes a global approach to learning by introducing themes from the perspective of other people in other countries.
Click to view British Values Statement
Ethos and Values
Our mission is to nurture the potential of every child in a secure, happy and inspiring environment.
- To provide a stimulating, welcoming and secure environment, in which children learn effectively
- To ensure all members of our school are given equal regard and opportunity
- To celebrate and value individual achievements, cultures and experiences
- To maintain positive relationships between school, parents and the local communities including the armed forces
- To encourage all members of the school to work together toward a shared vision
- To encourage children to believe in their abilities enabling them to maximise their potential
- To cater for a range of learning styles with cross-curricular links to ensure well planned, exciting and effective teaching
- To promote a caring community respecting the welfare and needs of others
- To encourage children to use initiative, to think positively, be responsible and to develop self discipline
- To involve all members of the school in self evaluation, so that we can continue to meet the needs of families